- Attend a mandatory information session.
- Submit an application with all required documentation.
- Applications are reviewed by Habitat staff for the following at minimum: proof of income, credit status, criminal background check, and sexual offender registry check.
- A home visit will be scheduled by the Homeowner Selection Committee to meet your entire family.
- Following the home visit, applicants are sometimes required to attend a Homeowner Selection Committee meeting for a face-to-face interview.
- The Board of Directors makes the final approval decision based on need, willingness to partner, and ability to pay.
Upcoming Mandatory Information Sessions
All applicants are required to attend 1 session.
Upcoming information sessions
January 11, 2018, 6:00 pm - Longs Chapel United Methodist Church, 133 Old Clyde Road, Waynesville, NC - Modular Building
January 20. 2018, 10:00 am - Haywood County Public Library-Waynesville Branch, 678 South Haywood St., Waynesville, NC - Auditorium
January 21, 2018, 2:00 pm - Haywood County Public Library-Canton Branch, 11 Pennsylvania Avenue, Canton, NC - Meeting Room
We Do Business in Accordance With the Federal Fair Housing Law
It is illegal to Discriminate Against Any Person Because of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, or National Origin. Anyone who feels he or she has been discriminated against may file a compliant of housing discrimination:
1-800-669-9777 (Toll Free)